Indications and Usage
Saxenda??(liraglutide) injection 3 mg is indicated as an adjunct to a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in:
- Adult patients with an initial body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m2?or greater (obese) or 27 kg/m2?or greater (overweight) in the presence of at least one weight-related comorbid condition (eg, hypertension, type 2 diabetes mellitus, or dyslipidemia)
- Pediatric patients aged 12 years and older with body weight above 60 kg (132 lbs) and initial BMI corresponding to 30 kg/m2?or greater for adults (obese) by international cut-offs
Limitations of Use
- Saxenda??contains liraglutide and should not be coadministered with other liraglutide-containing products or with any other GLP-1 receptor agonist.
- The safety and effectiveness of Saxenda??in pediatric patients with type 2 diabetes have not been established.
- The safety and effectiveness of Saxenda??in combination with other products intended for weight loss, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, and herbal preparations, have not been established.